- Who we are
- Services to organizations
- Volunteer food services
- I want to volunteer
Volunteer bureaus in the Greater Montreal area:
Island of Montreal:
- Centre d'action bénévole Bordeaux-Cartierville - 514.856.3553
- Centre d'action bénévole de Montréal-Nord - 514.328.1114
- Centre d'action bénévole de Rivière-des-Prairies - 514.648.2323
- Centre d'action bénévole et communautaire Saint-Laurent - 514.744.5511
- Accès Bénévolat / Est de Montréal - 514.523.6599
- Volunteer West Island - 514.457.5445
- Centre de bénévolat de Laval - 450.681.6164
South Shore / Montérégie :
- Centre de Bénévolat de la Rive-Sud- 450.679.5916
- Point de service de Candiac - 450.659.9651
- Point de service de Chambly - 450.658.4325
- Point de service de Longueuil - 450.677.5281
- Point de service de Saint-Lambert - 450.465.6130
- Centre d'action bénévole du grand Châteauguay - 450.699.6289
- Centre d'action bénévole de Boucherville - 450.655.9081
- Centre d'action bénévole de Saint-Hubert - 450.656.9110
- Centre d'action bénévole de Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu - 450.347.7527
- La Mosaïque (LeMoyne) - 450.465.1803
- Centre d'action bénévole l'Actuel (Vaudreuil-Dorion) - 450.455.3331
The bureaus listed above are all members of the Fédération des centres d'action bénévole du Québec (FCABQ).
Other useful links
- Centraide of Greater Montreal People who help people who help people...
- Bénévoles d'affaires An organization founded by business professionals whose mandate is to match up business people wanting to volunteer with community and cultural organizations throughout Quebec in need of their expertise.
- Volunteer Canada The national voice for volunteerism in Canada.
- Réseau de l'action bénévole du Québec A multi-sectorial coalition of Quebec voluntary sector organizations intended to foster the discussion, representation and promotion of volunteerism.
- Secrétariat à l'action communautaire autonomne Quebec Government Web site entirely devoted to the promotion of volunteerism.
- Fédération des centres d'action bénévole du Québec A federation of Quebec's 114 volunteer bureaus.
- Canadian Administrators of Volunteer Resources The only national professional association that offers ongoing certification in the field of volunteer resources management.
- AGRBQ Quebec's association of volunteer resources managers.
- Voluntary Sector Forum A network of more than 20 key leadership organizations in the Canadian non-profit and voluntary sector that connect with one another.
- Coalition pour le maintien dans la communauté An association of Montreal community organizations providing services to seniors, particularly those with reduced autonomy.
- Statistics on charitable giving and volunteering Data from the 2004 Canada Survey of Giving, Volunteering and Participating (CSGVP).
- Imagine Canada Imagine Canada helps charities and non-profit organizations fulfill their missions.
- Voluntary Gateway Helps voluntary organizations in Canada build stronger, healthier and more vibrant communities by making it easier to communicate, network and share information online.
- COCo The Centre for Community Organizations, based in Montreal, provides capacity building resources for the community sector throughout Quebec.
- Charity Village Web site for non profit organizations.
- France Bénévolat Volunteerism in France.
- Junior League International organization whose Montreal chapter founded the VBM in 1937.
- Royal Voluntary Service The VBM's godmother during World War II.
- do-it.org.uk National database of volunteering opportunities in the UK.
- Volunteering England England's volunteer development agency.
- Volunteer Development Scotland Scotland's gateway to volunteering.
- Volunteering & Healty Aging Useful information for volunteer-involving organizations to help them more effectively engage baby boomers as volunteers.
- Volunteering Ireland Ireland's National Volunteer Development Agency.
- CSV The UK’s largest volunteering and training organization.
- Volunteer Toronto Volunteerism in Toronto.
- Volunteer Ottawa Volunteerism in Ottawa.
- Centre d'action bénévole de Québec Volunteerism in Quebec City.
- Volunteer NYC Online search tool for New Yorkers who want to volunteer.
- Points of Light Institute Key U.S. organization promoting volunteerism.
- IAVE Promoting the development of volunteering worldwide.
- World Volunteer Web Volunteering throughout the world.
- Dream Now A youth-led charitable organization providing resources and support to people who want to do something to change the world.
Do you know of other interesting sites? Do you have any comments or suggestions to improve this listing? Please contact the VBM's Communications Officer, flahaise [at] cabm [dot] net (François Lahaise).