- Who we are
- Services to organizations
- Volunteer food services
- I want to volunteer
Other ways to search for a volunteer activity
The VBM recruits and refers thousands of volunteers every year for more than 430 non-profit and charitable agencies working in such varied fields as health and social services, community development, sports and leisure, education, the environment, arts and culture etc.
In order to find a volunteer activity that fits your interests, skills and availability, amongst the more than 500 proposed, you can use the widget to your right or use one of the following search options.
- Quick search – A list of all the categories used to classify requests, presented in alphabetical order. These are based either on the type of activity or on the specific cause or clientele.
- Short-term activities – Activities requiring a short-term or one-time commitment.
- Virtual volunteering – Translation, revision, graphic arts, mentorship, accounting, programming or website design etc. Many organizations are in need of volunteers who make their contribution off-site.
- Activities for groups of volunteers – A list of opportunities for groups of volunteers (colleagues, students, friends etc.) wanting to do an activity together.
- Less conventional activities – Reading, chess, handicrafts, public relations, photography, billiards, graphic arts… are these volunteer activities? Yes, indeed!
- Activities for 12 to 17 year olds – If you are between 12 and 18 years old and you want to have some fun while helping others.
- Recruiting organizations in alphabetical order – You can also offer to help an organization whose mission or mandate you find interesting. Consult the list of “Recruiting organizations in alphabetical order“ to learn more about the organizations we work with their respective missions and volunteer opportunities, or to search for a particular organization by name. If their current volunteer requests are not of interest, simply get in touch with them. Let them know you would like to help them out because what they do matters to you!